Raiders Sports Club
WHAT?The Red Hook Raiders Sports Club is a group of
people in the Red Hook School district community who care about and support the athletes of Red Hook through donations of money and sports
The Sports Club currently provides the following or has in the past:
- Scholarships to graduating senior athletes
- Money to the athletic director for non-budgeted items
- Per athlete money for each team the student participates in
- Per-diem stipend to all athletes who attend a State meet for their sport
- Dollars to provide or help with the following:
- Purchase of lacrosse / football scoreboard
- Purchase of baseball scoreboard, softball and baseball pitching machines
- Support of the SADD Post Prom party
- New banners in the gym, new equipment sheds
- Safety equipment, such as yellow caps on baseball and softball fields, ambulances at modified, JV, and Varsity home football games, blacktop for track entrances
- Sponsorship of Welcome Back Week and funding for lighting for night games
- Flowers for parents of senior athletes at last home game
- Construction of new concession stand at Battenfeld’s Tree Farm
- Purchase of lacrosse bags, Hudl Coaching software, iPad for Volleyball and basketball, infield soil for town recreation park, landscaping for track and soccer fields
- Funnel bequeaths to support sports programs
WHY?To cover non-budgeted sports items and the sports program itself in the case of a defeated budget.
WHO? You! We need active members to help plan our fundraising as well as volunteers to help carry out these activities. Our fundraiser events include the concession stands at Battenfeld’s Tree Farm and football games, merchandise sales at Hardscrabble / Apple Blossom Day, and an annual Golf Tournament.
The Red Hook Raiders Sports Clubmeets once a month (7pm on the first Wednesday of every month) for an hour at the high school. All are welcome to join the Raiders Sports Club and help support our student athletes!